Pages

Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm just waiting for something wonderful to happen

Every once in a while someone says something perfectly memorable.  The other night I met with a group of friends.  We were catching up, the conversations ranging from how everyone's work week was, to family, upcoming plans, basic life stuff.  Out of nowhere, one of my absolutely fabulous friends let out a little sigh and said dreamily "I'm just waiting for something wonderful to happen to me."  Of course we pounced all over her with wisecracks and laughter, but it is something I am going to always remember.

We had not been talking about any one topic in particular.  Her comment wasn't focussed on striking it rich, finding Prince Charming, taking dream vacations, or anything at all in particular.  I think it was said a bit wistfully, but not out of dissatisfaction with anything in the present, nor with expectation of anything in the future.  Just a little bit of faith that something incredible is out there, something not yet dreamed of or spoken aloud, but something wonderful is certainly coming.  Life.  That's the way to face it I think.

I wondered, "Am I waiting for something wonderful to happen to me?"  And if I am, what on earth is it?  After a day of pondering, this is what I have come up with.  Wonderful things keep happening to me all the time.  Every time I stop to examine a flower, I see something wonderful.


Every time I walk near the beach, I am wonderstruck.


And every once in a while, something will happen like this little parrot reaching out to hold my finger.
Adorable parrot
Catches me off guard by reaching out with his foot to grab my hand
And I was so wonderfully excited that this lovely little man wanted to hold my hand...that I didn't have time to aim the camera
I think my wonderful something isn't big, bold, or life changing.  It's a compilation of the little things that stir my soul.  I guess I am waiting for something wonderful to happen to me.  Something a little wonderful, something every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment