Pages

Translate

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Have a Bermudaful morning!

I have a lot of catching up to do!  Guess I will just get to it and start finish a post I started about a very nice day off I had a while back.  Here it goes

Sometimes you just wake up knowing it's going to be a good day.  Sometimes in Bermuda, instead of it being a beautiful day, they call it a Bermudaful day.  Well, I had an absolutely Bermudaful day on my last Monday off.  I took more pictures than I can use in one post so I will have to made an attempt to edit this post somewhat and focus on the first part of it.

The first part of a good day in the life of an island dwelling cat lady, is a sleep in, which is appreciated by both the cat lady and the cats.  It is nice to wake up with the sunshine streaming in through the windows.  Even Miss Lexi was relatively content.

Sunbeams and snuggles after a sleepy morning
I had it in my mind to take a couple of photos to the Bermuda Arts Center at dockyard.  The Arts center sells crafts to tourists, including photographs.  They also do a themed art show every month.  I have long been wondering if my photos would be of a high enough quality to display, and so my goal of the day was to see if my hobby might turn into a craft that would be appreciated by some of the islands many many visitors.  On the way to Dockyard, I pulled stopped at Somerset to look at the Somerset bridge and thought this house must have the most idyllic view from its yard.

Sunlight glistening off turquoise and crystal clear waters

The water in this area is particularly pretty and still.  In one direction you see Dockyard.  The old concrete blocks in the water are what remains of the Bermuda Railway when a train used to run up and down the island.  Much of it's old path is a walking and bicycling trail, also called the Railway Trail, but in places where it went over water, the pedestrians must take to the street to continue.

Remains of the Rail
In the other direction, you see Somerset bridge.  This little bride is a functioning drawbridge, and it may be the world's smallest one.  That's the claim at least.  It was built in 1620, although it has been updated a bit in the last century, but it still opens to let the odd small yacht go through.

Somerset Drawbridge
Just before I reached Dockyard a patch of calm water between the trees really caught my eye.  I had never noticed this little clearing before, and the way the ship was sailing in on still waters made me reach for my camera.

Calm Seas on this Bermudaful morning

These are the times when I wish I had just a little bit larger lens.  But the next shot turned out pretty all the same.

Life inside the glass bottle?
In the end, the arts center said that I could put a couple of my prints on display in their open show starting on March 2nd.  I chose a couple from the blog, and there will be many other things on display, so drop by the Bermuda Arts center during the month of March if you want to see them framed and in print...they do look a little nicer behind glass after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment