Pages

Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Too Much To Do!

First off, I apologize if you are reading this twice.  I have changed computers, and with my new mobile and lightweight surface pro comes a slightly smaller and very flat keyboard that I am still learning.  I inadvertently hit wrong keys on it still, and therefore published my idle chatter earlier before I was through.  I will say...I learned how to type on one of those very very old school typewriters, where the keys were mounted on a metal post that actually caused a metal key to strike against a ribbon and make an ink mark on a page...you know, the kind where you had to push a key down about 2 inches to make a letter, and then manually pull the carriage back to the left at the end of the line instead of hitting the return key.  So my fingers feel like elephant feet on this paper thin and slightly narrower keyboard.

These days have been busy and the blog has been idle...but fear not, I have been on the move.  Well...after I get the requisite sleep I require post op.  I started the week off sleeping 14 hours (plus a 2 hr nap) and have whittled that down to 8 hours.  I finally discovered the pathology report in my email which explained exactly what happened during that long nap in the Mass General OR.  As I read it, they found a wee tumor and removed it, but also pulled out the entire thyroid and checked all of the other areas.  This is a good thing, but I think that involved a thyroid disconnect and reconnect, which is my excuse for sleeping too much lately.  Either way, it is time to wake up, and so I have managed to do all sorts of things this week, including a return to the gym (which has been painted and has all new staff during my 3 month absence), unpacking, and staying on top of things around the house.  Today's man task has been trying to figure out how I managed to use the entire 110GB hard drive of my surface pro in just transferring some of the files from my old beat up laptop.  I suspect it's the raw photos, but not sure til I finish trying to upload to this skydrive thing...which only accepts 400 pictures at a time (I sometimes take 2000 a month).

I also managed to nail down my final day of work, which will be July 8th.  My head is already thinking ahead to what needs to be done when I get back there.  And of course where to go and get lost next.  I have picked the landing point as Saskatchewan, and the first step will be to get all of the furballs there.  This will take 2 flights.  Apparently there is a 2 cat per cabin rule...so will have to book that up soon to secure passage for them home.

I have also managed to find my way into work, dodge the first cockroaches of spring which I believe were stalking me in my neighbourhood, fill skydrive without successfully making enough room on my surface pro, and realize how many other things I need to get done on my day off on Sunday.  Oh yeah...and write a meaningful blog with pretty pictures.  I was going to do that yesterday.  Fail.  This one is just to say I am still alive.  I will try to do better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment