Pages

Translate

Monday, August 4, 2014

Sense Spa

In the 90's there was a movie called Mall Rats.  Somehow in Bermuda we have a different problem...spa rats.  I am one of these, the problem being is it is too easy to waste money being pampered.  But I have loved every minute of it.  There are several good spas in Bermuda -- La Serena at the Reefs, Invermurie at the Hamilton Princess, Willow Stream a the Southampton Princess, also Newstead, Bersalon, and many others.  I trotted shiny toenails or relaxed massages muscles through them all -- but today's blog is dedicated to the last spa I went to on the island...Sense at Rosewood Tucker's Point.


Tucker's Point, located in exclusive Tucker's Town, is the most expensive hotel on the island, and therefore a lot of effort had been put in to make it the poshest.  However, all of the hotels are "keeping up with the Jones'" and it is hard to declare a clear winner in such contests.  They do win "most expensive burger" award, and it is a fine looking hotel, but way out of both my price range and my sanity range, as I will never be both rich enough to afford it and crazy enough to spend that kind of money on a room.  If you are however, rich and crazy, you will love it!

The Spa prices were also a little more than at some of the other local spas, but in experiencing all we could on the island, we of course splurged for an afternoon.  By splurge I mean I had a pedicure and got a glass of Prosecco.



My trusted Bermuda co-adventurer Siobhan did the same.


The spa experience was very nice, but in keeping to the theme of crazy rich people, a little eccentric.  My first reaction to the treatment was "I am Alice in Wonderland."  Instead of the typical pedicure chair, they had oversized overstuffed armchairs on an elevated platform over the pedicure foot bath.  My feet dangled over the edge and just barely into the water.  I tried to lean back but couldn't reach the chair bath.  If I moved back in the chair my knees wouldn't have reached the end and feet wouldn't have reached the foot bath.  I must have gone down the rabbit hole and become too small.  But then I reached for my complimentary orange juice that was saying "Drink me," but it was like a half ounce shot glass.  A good treatment, a nice place, I did enjoy it, but I didn't quite melt into a contented ball of zen like I had hoped...but maybe I was just not crazy rich eccentric enough to appreciate my supersize chair and super low volume and therefore low calorie juice.

That didn't stop us from trying a second regular size supersize priced glass of Prosecco by the pool though!  The pink fluffy umbrellas added to the ambiance, and we stuck around for lunch as well.  It is definitely worth going to see one of Bermuda's newer and nicest hotels, and I am glad we finally made our way there.


No comments:

Post a Comment