Pages

Translate

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The last thing on the Bermuda Checklist

Still  back on the Sand Dollar in Castle Harbour, there were a few other creatures enjoying the day.


So while we had the boat "parked" on Castle Row, or anchored as those with even the most basic of nautical vocabularies correct me with when I say parked (but I like the sound of it), I did not go swimming in those gorgeous waters with the rest of the crew.


Much to the fascination of  Captain Mark, I was simply fascinated with the longtails that kept buzzing the boat.  As you have all heard over and over, getting a satisfactory longtail photograph has been on my Bermuda checklist for 5 years, and much time and energy has been spent on less than satisfactory attempts.  But while checking Castle Row off the to see list, I was given my best ever opportunity to check "Longtail photo" off the now very short list that remained to be done on my time in Bermuda.

The Longtails gave me many angles and many chances to get a photograph I would be happy with, and while it took some going with the fast speed of the birds, the many lines and ropes I was trying to photograph between, and the gentle rocking of the boat on the waves.  There were a lot of slightly blurry shots that were oh so close, but I got a few that left me very very excited.  Apparently my description that "they were so close that in one of the pictures I can see longtail bumhole!" may be one of those things I never live down.  And so, I will stop trying to use words and just let the pictures do the talking.  Enjoy my shots of my favorite Bermuda icon....mission accomplished!













No comments:

Post a Comment