Pages

Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

Peaceful Whitefish

 
I pulled into Meadow Lake Resort, and it was a lovely little golf resort.  While it looked great,
I was hoping for a little town to explore for the evening, somewhere to take photos.  I t\decided I would have better luck carrying on to either Whitefish or Kalispell.  I got a good vibe about Whitefish when I crossed the Whitefish River.
 

It could tell it was my kind of place just by the gorgeous river before town.


And it did not disappoint.  Whitefish had a feel like the river -- a slow and undiscernable current that could be felt but not seen.  It managed to be peaceful and vibrant at the same time.  I drove through the small town, eyeing up the hotels and vacancy signs, and followed to signs to "The Beach."   That took me to the shore of Lake Whitefish.  I sat and watched the day fade, content that I had found a good spot to stop for the night.



I was a little surprised to notice this "emergency hovercraft" shed.  Who has a hovercraft?  I wondered if the residents of Whitefish needed something spectacular since their neighbours over at Hungry Horse has the vortex anomalies and the Amazing Fun Center....maybe a hovercraft tops that.  I don't know, but there it is.


This little urban dear (pardon the pun, urban deer) took slow and careful steps down the alley on the way to her favorite eatery....a backyard garden.  It looked so gentle and so careful that it melted my heart, I hoped the owner wouldn't begrudge it a few nibbles in their yard.  The rest of the deer family was a few yards away at the visitor center.


When I checked into the hotel, a Best Western, they mentioned it was not uncommon to see a moose or bear in town at night.  I was considering a late night photography session, until I saw my room.  On check in they asked if I wanted 2 queens or a king.  I decided for king, and then was asked if I wanted a fireplace which was coming up as the same price.  Yes please!  Once I saw my room, I decided to get dinner in and wine, read my book and enjoy a cozy evening by the fire.



It's true, trust your instincts and you will find exactly what you need.  I found a wonderful vacation refuge in Whitefish, and would love to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment