Pages

Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Otters Away!

I have to admit, I saw more sea otters than I expected to see on the Klondike Express.  They  would pop up like tiny little puffballs, floating along in pairs or groups in the colder waters, out quite literally in the middle of nowhere.  A group of otters is called a raft.  We were lucky enough to happen across a raft of otters.  They were however, basking in the direct sun and so getting a great picture was a bit of a challenge...their cuteness was forever in their own little shadow.

This first little guy is doing ocean calisthetics.  Touching his little toes...maybe a few crunchies making sure he is fluffy but not fat.


He (or she,can't say I can tell who is who yet) stopped to give a curious glance our way.


Once he (or she) was satisfied we weren't coming any closer and didn't look like an Orca or anything else predatory, they stretched out and displayed a miiiighty big foot.  I always thought Bigfoot was a sasquatch...now I think it might just have been a sea otter who wandered onto land.


Otters seem to be quite friendly.  This little sweetie actually waved at us!


A few weren't very interested in us...they were having much more fun playing otter snuggles and weren't about to let us interrupt.


I said I couldn't tell if they were girls or boys...but the guy on the left definitely has to be a guy.  He's like Gandalph of the sea otters.


Doesn't get much sweeter than this!


A little grooming going on.


Otters look like they are the best huggers in the animal kingdom.


Even when they look a bit embarrassed to have been caught in the act.


Unfortunately, that's all I have for today.  I'm otter here...I mean outta here.  Lame.  I know.  I'm a lazy blogger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment