Pages

Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Quasi New Year's!

I had to work the New Year's weekend, which was actually kinda nice because they were the holiday shifts were the most peaceful days at work I have had since....about a year ago when I wasn't at work at all.  As a bonus, working the weekend means getting a weekday, like a Tuesday, off.  And so today was an at-home-no-commitment-not-gonna-worry-about-missed-meetings-and-deadlines kind of day.  I resolved to be commitment and obligation free; required to do absolutely nothing for the day.  I'm not going to lie...it was kind of awesome.

I made and drank a whole pot of coffee.  I skyped with my parents, IM'd with a niece, I toodled around the house doing long neglected things I mean to do (fear not, I didn't achieve many, there are more things that need doing the next time the notion strikes).  I did my best to be the laziest creature on earth.  But...I failed that challenge because I live with this little guy.


How do you out lazy cat?  I don't believe it's actually possible, heaven knows I tried.  I spent a good chunk of the day in a similar position just one couch over.  I don't want to be the same shape as my little cat "baby phat", although he's adorable, so....


Behold!  The New Year's Resolution has arrived!


It's actually not a New Year's Resolution.  I love treadmills, it's my favorite gym equipment.  When i viewed this apartment I pictured this room as a little gym area, and since I have such a comfy cozy home that I never want to leave, it was finally worth the investment.  The knee has recovered as much as it's going to, and it's time to get back into the groove.  So it wasn't a New Year's resolution, but the post Christmas sales had a little something to do with it.  Will I use it?  Well, the first miles rolled off today!  And now...I don't feel so guilty about being back on the couch with my lazy cat...who has been there the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment