Pages

Translate

Sunday, May 21, 2017

A little New York By Christmas Night


Lo and behold, another unfinished post, started a good 6 months ago.  The pictures were already uploaded, so will share a little New York City lights!

There's something magical about a few days in Manhattan!  The bustle, the times square lights, it's a city that always feels alive!


Walking towards Times Square (in uncomfortable shoes, if I recall).


Harry Winston's at Christmas...it looked rather luxurious.


The windows reminded me of a pattern of jewellery :)


Then there was this quasi-gothic looking hotel front, The Peninsula as I peered down a side street.


All of the stores has their Christmas lights up.


I kind of loved this one wrapped like a present.


And of course, there is always the late night glow of the hot dog stands.


Nothing says New York like a random vent of noxious gas lighting up the night.  This was just around the corner from Trump Tower.


We couldn't believe how many police were out and about.  After counting 11 cars in under 3 blocks, I thought New York must really take safety seriously.  And then we came on the mobile ops unit.


Yeah, they were all assigned to watch Trump Tower for the President Elect.  I asked one police officer how he felt about so many officers assigned to watching federal government employees.  He gave me a look, but didn't answer.  As for the protesters, by this point, there was one lone dude with a sign.



The famous Tiffany's.


Saks 5th Avenue Christmas window,


They actually had my favorite windows this year.  Very striking.


Very Vogue in fact.


The front windows of course had moving, animated figures.  Always impressive!


And it was a nutcracker theme of course!


The main characters below.


And near the Rockefeller center are some of my favorite Christmas decorations.  The giant tree ornaments!


I couldn't remember where I had seen them on my last visit, so we wandered quite a while to find them!


Mental note...check across from Radio City Music Hall first next time.


The last ones, I love the 3 deer.








No comments:

Post a Comment