Pages

Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Silent Night

Christmas Eve.  The hustle and the bustle of the day is over.  And when I went to town at noon it was hustling and bustling.  I grabbed some last minute groceries and got out of the last minute melee as soon as I could.  I dropped off some food for the SPCA Christmas tree, said hello to all the shelter cats, and then it was off to work.

Often people ask what Christmas is like in Bermuda.  It is mostly the same except the for the snow -- we have sand, grass, and flowers instead.  As happy as I am to be away from all of that snow, I will say that the first Christmas without it feels a little strange, you know something is missing, but you are happy it's gone all the same.  After work I decided to take a little walk around town and take a few pictures of Christmas in Bermuda., or specifically, around Hamilton in Bermuda.
The Legislature building is brightly decorated this year
Loved how this old tree was decorated outside of the ACE Building
Buildings decorated with care
We have our wreaths, Xmas trees in windows, and decorated palms

near Taste
And of course City Hall
I even found a few penguins.


When I got home, I found this.

It seems as though Lexi and the Panthers are smarter than I thought.  And so, I wish you all a good night, wherever you may be, and much happiness on this very special day tomorrow...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment