Pages

Translate

Monday, February 17, 2014

Got My Head in the Clouds

Two days off have flown by again.  I can't help but wonder where they went, and feel a like my head must have been in the clouds.  To be fair, there have been a lot of good clouds to commune with lately (and I mean that both literally and metaphorically).
Blue skies and palm trees beckon my Canadian soul to venture outside
I seem to be taking more photos than I have time to process, and doing more than I have time to commit to writing even when blogging daily.  After a slack January, even though February has seen torrential rain and cold winds that left my fingers almost too numb after the scooter ride to the beach to push the buttons on the camera, I still have a renewed source of energy and motivation this month.  Clearly, I am solar powered.
I liked how the hues of dusk reflected in these windows
This series of photos was STILL part of the day of roaming around that started back at the Botanical Gardens with the ducks.  It was a good day for taking photos.  All day long I had noticed the clouds.  The skies have always called to me, with their colors and the ever changing shapes of clouds.  They are the backdrop and foreground of every good day.
Facing away from the sun the sky catches the pinks and purples
I came to this point to catch the sunset.
Facing it directly catches the golds and reds of the sun setting on Hamilton
It seemed like every time I put the camera in the bag, there was another cloud to chase, or another moment of unusual light.
This tall cloud was good at reflecting light on the water
Sometimes my thoughts are just as scattered as light.  I find being outside, taking photos, going for a jog, that's when all of the jumbled thoughts slowly filter down into organized patterns and plans.  Sunshine and fresh air are my therapy.
I kind of felt a part of this scene
Maybe it's just that when you are looking at skies like this, there isn't really much else worth thinking about.  Every once in a while it's good to disconnect from work, the to do list, and just sit back and watch the clouds roll by.

Dusk at the ferry terminal
Yup, life in Bermuda isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment