Pages

Translate

Friday, May 16, 2014

Just Scootering Around

A few week back I had a day off and decided to do on of my favorite things.  Go toodle about on my scooter with my camera for a few hours.  Having recently been down to the east end of the island, I opted to head back to the west end.  As always I hoped to get a picture of a longtail.  And so I crawled down the cliffs to the spot where I usually see them.
Stalking longtails, unsuccessfully again
There were 2 there, but they would have nothing to do with me.  I sat out in the baking sun for another half hour waiting patiently for a fly by.  They made they they stayed several hundred metres away before taking a perch somewhere so far away I couldn't even see them.

The longtail fascinates me with it's long, featherless split tail that trails behind it
I finally accepted that they were not coming  back and just took some pictures of rocks.  I liked how the water would surge over them, and then create little waterfalls as the wave retreated.
Nice view of the ocean colors from my birdless birdwatching cliff perch

Eventually got mesmerized watching the water wash over and down the rocks
As soon as I made the steep sweaty climb back up the cliff face and way totally out of range with my lens, I heard the squawk of the longtails returning to the flights right over where I was sitting.  They were just waiting for me to leave.  Another day without a good longtail picture on the record.

I took a little drive down on of the back roads in Somerset, or maybe it is part of Sandy's, and found a gorgeous vista.  The property appeared vacant, but still had a no trespassing sign.  I took a picture because it seems a great irony to post a sign keeping people out of such a beautiful spot that no one else is on site to enjoy.  It of course brought out my inner rebellious nature.  On the plus side, it may have once been some type of home for the elderly.  Or possibly it still is but no one came outside that day.  Either way, nice spot!
Yup, some days I get to live a postcard perfect life.  Other days I go to work lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment