Pages

Translate

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Flatt's Finale

So this will be my third, and likely final post about Flatt's Village...the Flatt's Finale.  As I prepare to leave Bermuda once and for all in less than 5 weeks, the reality of goodbyes are starting to kick in.  I have bid many others farewell as they left the island, but I am now starting to do final goodbyes myself.  Some friends who are off on extended vacations have bid their final farewell.  And so I realize I may or may not be stopping again at the places I blog about.  This may be my Flatt's Farewell as well.

Flatt's on a cloudy day
The common view of Flatt's Village are those that I shared in the first post a couple of days ago.  But some of my favorites are taken when I am not standing in the most obvious spot to snap a photo.  For example....on the other side of Flatt's you get a calm view of the Sound.  My friend Helen has a view overlooking Flatt's and the Sound beyond it, and sometimes you can see fish leaping....it's quite a distance, and so they must be some pretty big fish (well it's actually the splash that is more visible).

The other side of Flatts
Most people stand on this little bridge and watch the water rush from the Sound into Flatt's, or vice versa depending on whether the tide is coming in, or going out.  I prefer to go behind and below the bridge and watch it from there.  It's usually just me and my bird friend, who is very shy and I do not have a good photograph of.


One of my other Flatt's friends, is not so shy.  He is an avid fisherman...that's him on the boat.


Can't see him?  Here is a close up just taken with the bigger lens.


This Heron always keeps an eye out on me to make sure I don't get too close, but he doesn't really mind the camera at all most days.  I will miss seeing this little fellow when I go.  Here are a couple more pictures that he let me take of him on a different day.



One day I spotted an actual TV Star at Flatt's.  Well...he us going to be a TV Star in 2015.  The show "Ocean Vet," is still filming its first season around Bermuda, and will be broadcast on Discovery and Animal Planet in 2015.  The star is Dr. Neil Burnie, a very lively local veterinarian who is a bit of a shark expert...among other things.  He is also once quoted as saying "THAT is an unusually aggressive animal" when my little tabby Princess Lexi woke up from surgery.  Yup...my little 6 pound terror is more fearsome than a shark.

Dr. Burnie headed out.  I yelled "Yay Oceaj Vet!" and he yelled that he was off to find a Tiger Shark as he went by...just another day in Paradise
If you want a preview of this series, you can type in this link from vimeo http://vimeo.com/78678845  I really do recommend you watch it, there are a couple of beautiful shots of Bermuda, and some incredible shots of Dr. Burnie in with a tiger shark.  He is a boisterous character, and conservation is his aim.  I am already a big fan.  The trailer is not on youtube, so I cannot upload the whole thing on this platform....at least not that I know of, so just plug in that link above to your browser.  It's pretty neat.

I have a couple of other pretty pictures of Flatt's, taken on a grey April day, but they show a little more of the character of Flatt's, so I will close today's ambling rambling with those.


I took this one for Helen, who was standing on top of the cliff top right waving to me from her yard a few minutes earlier

No comments:

Post a Comment