Pages

Translate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

An Afternoon Drive

Nothing better than an afternoon in Bermuda than go for a quick ride around on the scooter and look at the beautiful views.  I have already posted pictures of a lot of the main views, but there are a lot of wonderful views in tiny spots that most people pass by.  Today's blog is dedicated to the little roadside stops that I made one afternoon that people rarely stop to look at.


For example, coming around this hairpin turn on the way to St. George's is a very pretty stretch of water, so I found somewhere to park and take a photo.  Once I was close enough to do so, I noticed an old set of stairs.  Following those down, it turns out that this was once someone's home, or at least boat house, long long ago.  It would have been a nice spot to call home I think


A little while further down the road on the outskirts of St. George's is a little harbour.  It first caught my attention one evening when a jovial boat party was taking place as I drove by.  People in Bermuda like to "raft up" or tie boats together so you can walk back and forth to each other's boats and share supplies...and barbecues and drinks.  It seemed like so much fun.  By daylight, it looks a bit more tranquil, but still very nice.




I also noticed a little road going out to a little island and wanted to take a drive over and see what the word looked like from that patch of earth.


But, this is what a security gate looks like in Bermuda.  I guess you could swim around it, crawl over it, etc, it really doesn't seem like an effective gate.  But the rich are funny folk and I guess it half makes them feel better and half works....because I didn't take my camera for a swim around it.  Can't be much prettier from that side than the above pictures anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment