Pages

Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

Suddenly Saskatchewan

I woke up this morning and the realization sunk in a bit.  The incredibly long day that involved more packing, housecleaning, goodbyes, watching my beloved Yamaha scooter drive off to its new home, and clearing 2 sets of airport security, Canada customs, animal imports, 12 hours airport to airport with 2 horribly upset panther cats, and a 3 hour drive at night in a fabulous lightning storm and a hail storm that was too thick to drive faster than scooter speed in....after all of that, I have left Bermuda.  I will be bouncing around for a bit, but today, I am suddenly in Saskatchewan.  What's that look like?  Well, a little like this...

hauling grain in a Peterbilt
But it also went a little like this...we started the day with hair appointments and cappuccino with the fabulous Elaine Panko, who has done my hair whenever I am in Saskatchewan since about 1990 or so.  Then we hopped in with my brother and my dad who had been hauling grain.  I hopped in with my brother who was kind enough to pass Dad and Siobhan so I could get this photo....


And this one at the grain terminal.


This was my ride.


After that we headed back to the farm for supper, and a Saskatchewan Sunset Cruise (this is quite different from the uber vida).  It involves checking to see how the different crops are coming along in different areas.  Here is what that looks like.




I also got a few pretty pictures along the way, one of the sun setting by some of the grain bins...


...this old barn and farmyard which has fallen into decay....


...and since I missed getting the fox, deer, or hawk, here is a grasshopper picture.

Day one on the mainland....not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment