Pages

Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Catlady Stigma

I always get called a catlady.  I laugh at it, but sometimes think it is a bit unfair.  I only have 2 cats, and that was because they really really needed a home...even the shelter had given up on them.  Now of course, once I got them, I fell in love with them, despite their antisocial food hoarding ways and the fact that my love is unrequited.  However, it recently dawned on me that I am the victim of an unfortunate social stigma.
 
I am not going to name names, but I recently witnessed, and documented, the following Christmas melee.
 
 
 
The questions the first photo raises are obvious.  Why?  Why would you do this to your poor cat?  How?  How did you expect this would go is the next logical question. The answer, is a bit like this, although the cat is just catchin up in this conversation and still thinking "Why????"
 

This might be the unhappiest cat picture ever taken.  The second cat got lucky, he only had to wear a tie, and since the other cat looked much more foolish he was relatively content.

 
Now.  These are not my cats, not my cat costumes.  But I am allegedly a catlady while the perpetrator of these events is allegedly not.  Why?  It appears the determination of catladiness is not the number of cats, or even the ridiculousness of cat exploits, but marital status.  I might as well get another cat.  And some reindeer costumes.  Meh.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment