Pages

Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ethereal Alaska

Good morning my beautiful new home.  It seems as though Alaska's landscapes shift almost daily.  The first day I drove south of Anchorage I saw massive chunks of ice rushing by at Turnagain Arm.  The second time the view was a fluid muddy brown.  The third time it was largely exposed dark colored silt.  And now it looks like a faerie kingdom -- the sea a glassy blue mirror of the calm sky separated only by a distant airy fog.  I was awestruck by it.  Ethereal is the only word I could think of to describe it.  I could not believe how many phases this exact spot has gone through in the mere 2 weeks I have been here.

Just another day at Turnagain Arm
Wow, right?  I think I will keep the blog light on words today, and let the pictures speak for themselves.
 
Fog through the trees that stand on the rocky outcrop that is Beluga Point
 
rock, water, ice, silt, fog, snow...everything in one little snapshot

the tracks

more Beluga Point

looking North to Anchorage...beyond the fog

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete