Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Happy Easter...or Habby Easter as I proclaimed this morning with a slight cold.  It was snowing when I woke up.  Great giant soft clumps of snowflakes blanketed my deck, low clouds obscured my mountain view.  I don't know how my body knew, but it flat out decided to get a cold in advance of the snow.  I had to turn down a dinner invite and stay at home with a few handfuls of vitamins and the building quantity of left overs in my fridge.  But that's how it goes sometimes I suppose.  I really enjoyed the snow coming down, knowing that my little plants were safely indoors, and I wasn't going to be on the roads.  Then it dawned on me...am I going to have to shovel?  In APRIL?  Those Bermuda years have made me a little soft when it comes to snow removal.  Fortunately, it made a quick pretty scene, and melted away.  That left me with only one work related task...pulling the new vacuum cleaner out of the box and taking it for a spin.  Vacuum cleaners are another one of those things that have come a long way in the many years since I have bought a new upright.  After much dithering, I settled on a Hoover Air Lite with WindTunnel 3 Technology.  I started it up, and I have to say, it's a really good vacuum.  Considering the carpets were professionally cleaned 2 weeks ago before I moved in, and there is no visible need to vaccum....the little dirt container was full...it looks like a giant dust bunny in there...not sure where it found all of that.  Panthers don't really shed much, and it was sort of carpet colored, so hoping my carpet doesn't develop any bald spots in the next couple of uses.  The Panthers were not pleased with the vacuum at all, they tore out of the room and hid somewhere, which much to both of our displeasure, turned out to be under the new couch...which I only discovered when stuffing the vacuum under the edge of that same couch.  It's times like these I think I am a bad kitty mom...I thought they would hide downstairs.  I am not going to be forgiven for a very long time.
 
And so I did not go on any adventures today...but that's OK, I still have pictures from previous adventures.  This sunset at Turnagain Arm has a nice Easter feel to it.

 
This is the last in photos from the day at the Conservation Center.  Coming home there were still places along the coast with heavy fog.

 
I thought it was kind of neat that the sky and mountains were completely obscured by blankets of cloud and fog.
 

But it made the light so much softer and gentler as it faded away for the day.


It was just pretty.  Like I hope your day is.  Wishing you all a Happy Easter, wherever you are and however you mark it.

No comments:

Post a Comment