Pages

Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bathtime for Bears

Sometimes it's hard for a bear to get a little privacy.  On my last visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, I was happy to see my favorite furry celebrities enjoying the Alaska sunshine.  I was hoping they would be out where I could see them, and they did not disappoint.  However, it appears my timing was off.
 

I had arrived for bear bathtime.  This bear waded into the water and seemed to sit its bear butt down and enjoy a good soak.  He looked a little lonely at first.


But after a moment I realized this bear was quite happy for the alone time in a nice cool pond.  He sat and soaked for a while...


Then took a little dive and snorkel a bit further down, which got somewater in his ears and led to a smiley shake-it-all out moment.



But not a moment later, it was back to diving, bubble blowing, and swimming about.  I felt like I had caught a very special moment with my soaking wet bear friend.


Eventually the effort paid off (for the bear), and he dove down to the bottom of the pond and pulled up a very large bone which he proceeded to nibble on while floating on his back.  Bears are very interesting to watch...playful, strong, animated.  I am going to have a lot of fun visiting this place over and over while I am here!



No comments:

Post a Comment