Pages

Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Home on the Range

 Oh give me a home... where the buffalo roam... where the deer and the antelope play.  That classic tune is followed by another adage --Ask and you shall receive.  So I find myself right amid the age old desires of mankind expressed in that song.  Alaska is my new range and I am happy to see all the critters that also call it home.  AND... just when you think it can't get better... it's baby animal season!!
 
 
Technically this mom and baby are not Buffalo, but Wood Bison.  I don't really know how to tell them apart, but I do know woolly adorableness when I see it.  Here's a separate mom and baby in the herd.
 
 
Look at that little face!!!
 
 
For other animals, it's time to nourish something other than babies... like antlers.... which they need to battle for the right to make babies.  This moose was just losing its antlers last month.  The new ones are growing quickly!!!
 


There are also some pretty views for both me and the critters.  Seldom is heard a discouraging word about these vistas.  Even when the skies are slightly cloudy and grey.

 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment