Pages

Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Thoughtful Gifts

The holidays are over.  So far 2016 has brought a bit of calm after the storm of activity of 2015.  It's only the 9th of the month and I'm already well underwear into a second entirely squandered day off. I haven't forgotten about the new treadmill, but it has a nice long lazy indoor walk setting, one doesn't have to tackle it like a mad fiend after all.

I think the glow of Christmas will stick with me for a while.  In part that's because my Christmas tree is still up and I still plug it in every night.  I know I SHOULD take it down.  But...I don't want to yet, it's too pretty.  As well, it was my first ever Christmas where family came to me instead of the other way around, and we had a really nice time.

It was one of those years where I really didn't need anything for Christmas, but someone I ended up with all the most thoughtful things!  There comes a time in life when someone gives you fuzzy cat lady pajamas and you actually have just given in to the reality and love them.  (That would be from my sister)


This second gift, also from my sister, was the coolest thing.  She called Christmas morning and asked if my package had arrived.  I wasn't expecting one, and hadn't checked the postal box in a couple of days.  She said it could freeze so hurry and go check.  I opened my door Christmas morning and there it was all packed up and waiting on my doorstep.  Such a cool surprise!  


Another thing I wasn't expecting -- the Canadian Olympic outdoor set.  I will look amazing at Idatarod in my Canada toque, mittens, and scarf.  The little mitts are new new keychain, and the accompanying Canada mug was already in use at the time of this photograph.  Just in case anyone at work every forgets I'm Canadian (not likely).  Thanks Jerry and Tess!


My friend (and kitty sitter) Sharon lives in Girdwood...home of Forest Fair, the local ski hill, numerous crafty people, quasi hippies, and better yet, crafty quasi hippies.  She had these little glass panthers commissioned and placed on a mirror...I'm not gonna lie...I love it!  They definitely look like my Panthers!



This neat little dryer from my mom (and my Saskatchewan hairdresser who made it possible -- thanks Elaine!) is supposed to be much gentler on your hair.  And it just looks cool!


Mom and Dad also gave me a couple of terrabytes to store my pictures on!


All the way from Ireland came a little angel, and a book on angels, which I should finish reading on this lovely lazy Saturday!  Chocolates perished prior to photography event as well.


From George and Sonya, a nice warm knit sweater for those long Alaska winters, and a cozy cat frame for the cat lady...like I said, I just own the label now.  Pretty impressed with my brother for going sweater shopping too!


From the Olson's -- as the fabulous Ikea directions show -- I got a greenhouse to make my attempt at flower and plant growing a little more successful this year!  Can't wait to see if I can make some little edibles grow this year (for me, not the cat, who eats anything with leaves).


I also got a girly blue home tool kit, with teal levels for the garage!


And before the family left, they hung my old Saskatchewan license plate in the garage so I would see it every day when I got home...and remember Saskatchewan.


So that's what I am doing today.  Basking in the post Christmas glow.  My Doterra mister is spouting healthful aromatherapy while I drink coffee and read my new book in new jammies under the reflection of glass panthers on the wall while I wonder what will do best in the greenhouse, if I should take my warm wear out for a winter walk, or do my hair my my new salon style dryer and go see a movie.  Coz that's how days off roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment