Pages

Translate

Monday, June 13, 2016

Stuffed Bears and Hungry Panthers

One little salmon doesn't seem like it should be enough to stuff a thousand pound bear...but this little guy looks like me after Thanksgiving dinner!


I can just hear it now...,"grrrrrr, gr-rowl, rowl rowl grrrr."  Translation "Ugh, I ate too much.  I can't do anything now but lie here."


"Nothing to do but lay flat out on my belly and hang my head in overeaters remorse.  It definitely feels better to lie on this hump of earth."


"Never again.  Tomorrow I will eat slower, I swear. "  This poor bear is out for the count after his dinner.  It was kind of fun watching them eat -- not an activity it would be advisable to do in the wild lest you wish to become considered a threat to the main course, or worse, dessert.



I realized that I often encounter a similar situation with the wildlife at home.  Yup, talking about my Panthers.  Here you see my houseguest and friend Shibby trying to feed a frantic Panther standing on hind legs reaching up a picky paw for its dinner.


After overeating, Panthers too have an afternoon nap and let it all hang out.


The skinny Panther never seems to overeat, but dinner and sunbeams are cat kryptonite, and he too is rendered immobile after dinner.


Soon the two Panthers melt into one pile of cat and lay dormant until the next feeding.  Salmon is heir favorite too.


And that, finally, wraps up all the pictures I took while Siobhan was here on vacation last August.  The blog has fallen a full 10 months behind.  I think I took a lot less pictures in the winter, so maybe I will catch up again in a months.  But that's a wrap for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment